Latest News | business@bridgend | Bridgend profile | Communications
Bridgend County Borough is an area of dynamic change located along the M4 corridor at the very centre of the South Wales economy, encompassing the Glamorgan heritage coast to the south and picturesque valleys to the north.
The county borough has a strong mix of manufacturing and service sector industries balancing sustainability and growth. The area has attracted major inward investment and continues to strengthen its position. Major global names such as Ford and Sony UK Manufacturing are located here.
Bridgend has pulled through the economic downturn with employment reaching its highest level ever. This has been attributed to the excellent infrastructure of the area, good communications and the quality of the labour force.
Bridgend County Borough can offer:
- Excellent transport links; M4, nearby seaports, London - Swansea rail line and a short journey to Cardiff International Airport
- A resiliant economy
- A positive attitude towards both local businesses and inward investment
- A dedicated economic development unit
- Full information on financial benefits available in the area
- Information on commercial land and premises
- A proven track record